How to overcome the winter blues?
I know all summer long I have been talking about autumn but what I have never really told you was I really dislike winter – why can’t we just hibernate as well? I don’t necessary like winter sports, I never get excited about snow and and I am also not delighted when temperatures drop to 0 (not even to mention my reaction to temperatures below 0). So this year I made a little list for myself that I want to work on during the colder months – to make them a little more enjoyable for me.
1.Spend one day in bed with chocolate and lots of coffee or tea and watch your favorite cheesy movies or TV shows once a months.
2. Go and see an art gallery or a museum – because you haven’t in ages!
3. Plan a city trip for spring. It will give you something to look forward to and it’s lots of fun!
4. Pick up a book instead of switching on the TV at night.
5. Go to a christmas market and drink hot wine and eat a chocolate crepe with your favorite people in the world.
6. Get rid of clothes that you don’t need – it’s like sorting out your life but a little easier.
7. Go out for a walk in the snow. It’s cold, it’s wet but eventually you will appreciate the beauty and quietness.
Oh and if you haven’t had enough of my over knee look yet I wrote a little guest blog post over at clarabour.de. It was the first time I have ever written a blog post in German!